New York based designer, tailor and project manager with the ability to lead apparel development from ideation to completion of production. Broad knowledge of textiles, fine craft, and garment history. Expert tailor and patternmaker. Proactively takes on responsibility, while remaining adaptable, flexible and open. Collaborative commuicator who values the voices of the team. Committed to supporting human rights, positive social impact, and ethical practices in all stages of the garment life cycle.
Garment Construction, Patternmaking and Adjustments, Managing Fit Sessions and Analysis, Sample Sewing and Mockups, Alterations and Garment Repair, Abobe Certified Associate in: Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign. Proficient in the following: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, CLO 3D, Gerber Accumark, Technical Design/ Sketching, Tech Pack Building and Managing
Wing + Weft Gloves, New York NY 2021 – Present
SUSTAINABLE SOURCING CONSULTANT
Leather glove maker catering to fashion and theater with clients including Alexander Wang and Thom Browne.
- Assists fabric sourcing based on design needs, market trends and company ethos
- Advises in development of garment and textile reuse projects
Fermata Designs, New York NY 2010 – Present
HEAD DESIGNER, OWNER
Custom bridal fashion redesign, with a focus on ethics and sustainability.
- Has given second-life use to dozens of wedding gowns through redesign and tailoring
- Manages work priorites while maintaining multiple concurrent deadlines
- Communicates with clients to develop design and create production schedule
- Carries out design process from conception through production, including inital concept research, design sketches, patterning, fabric and trim sourcing, garment construction, fitting and finishing
- Manages finances including product costing, purchase orders, billing and payroll
Vandale Industries, New York NY 2022
ASSISTANT TECHNICAL DESIGNER (FREELANCE)
Women’s Intimates and Sleepwear manufacturer for brands including Lucky, Steve Madden, and Izod
- Created tech packs and initial specs in Excel for samping and costing
- Fit samples (missy and plus) on live models, communicates changes and corrections to overseas and domestic suppliers, including direction on pattern corrections
- Reviewed and approved pre-production samples, confirmed measurements, trims and construction
- Organized and maintained sample library
New York City Ballet, New York NY 2009 – 2019
MEN’S WARDROBE TAILOR
A ballet company founded in 1948 by George Balanchine and Lincoln Kirstein.
- Conducted fittings, including pinning garments and demonstrating how corrections will create desired look
- Resolved fit issues and suggested adjustments as necessary
- Provided feedback on alterations and repair to improve garment performance
- Carried out alterations to men’s ballet costumes for performance
- Advised on fabric selection to maintain design style and enhance longevity of garment
- Maintained and repaired damaged costumes including knits and wovens, trims, hardware and accessories
OTHER PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Nearly 20 years experience of theatrical design and production including design and realization of costumes for over a dozen regional theater, dance and opera performances. Extensive experience in production and maintenance of costumes for Broadway prodcutions, including Chicago the Musical, Aladdin, MIss Saigon and Doctor Zhivago. Most recently, lead tailor on KPop Broadway.
Additional professional experience upon request.
EDUCATION AND ACHEIVEMENTS
London College of Fashion London, UK
E4FT (Education for Fashion Tech) London, UK
The New School, Parsons School of Design New York, NY
Pratt Institute of Technology New York, NY
Fashion Institute of Technology New York, NY
The Royal School of Needlework East Molesey, UK
Carnegie Mellon University Pittsburgh, PA
Master of Arts Sustainable Fashion
Certificate Fashion Technology
Associate of Applied Science Fashion Marketing
Certificate Design Entrepreneur
Certificate Sustainable Design Entrepreneur
Certificate Technical Hand Embroidery
Bachelor of Fine Arts Drama, Costume Design